For this week I created two nodes, one from wood, the other from paper. As usual I really enjoyed using the different tools in the wood shop to create the node that is the power source. I would have liked to create my own battery holder rather than using one of the ready made ones, but this gives me an excuse to continue experimenting. Below are pictures of the nodes.
The connectors I created were equally enjoyable to craft. To connect to the wood node I used two nuts soldered together, one of which is covered by heat shrink. I discovered that soldering is not very strong, if I were to continue iterating on this I would first super glue the nuts together before soldering them. Attached are pictures of the flexible connectors.
As far as new tool I would like to have a tape gun that dispensed copper tape!