Final project description:
- I want to construct artificial, small-scale futuristic ecosystem under the scenario when synthetic biotic organisms are largely penetrated in human beings’ daily life.
- This ecosystem will trigger interactions between human and simulated biotic organisms to raise a discussion of individual bio existence and the ecosystem at a large scale.
- The interaction between audiences and this project should be indirect, which can echo the key concept for this project- A system that humans are party to, but not sovereign over.
Timeline with milestones:
week 1 (4/3-4/8)- basic functionality
- Communication between Arduino and unity
- Projection mapping visual test
- Decision making: materials, project scales
- Modeling the possible form of plants
week 2 (4/9-4/15)- Prototype
- robotic plants prototype
- project set up prototype
- User test
week 3(4/16-4/22)- Iterations
- modify the detail based on feedback
- building circuits
week 4(4/23-4/30)- Finalize
- check the detailed implementation of project based on the exhibition place, equipment
- troubleshooting physical computing part
- polish the final project form
EPIPHYTE CHAMBER by Philip Beesley
petting zoo by minimaforms
Synthetic Polleniser by Michael Candy