2/26 – Outline due
3/5 – Progress update
3/8 – Your presentation
Note: The lesson template is here.
You should cover the following material as you see fit. Please note that you do not have to provide examples or demo all of the sensors listed.
- How does wireless communication work?
- What are different ways to connect two or more devices wirelessly?
- What are advantages of one tool (i.e. RFID, WiFi, BLE, etc) over another?
- When should I use a specific tool?
The content will depend on the devices the group chooses to focus on. I will work with this group to determine specific things to address:
- RF modules
- RFID / NFC
- Arduino Cookbook, Wireless Communication
- Arduino Wireless Projects and Shields
- Building Wireless Sensor Networks with ZigBee, XBee, Arduino, and Processing
- Show related projects as inspiration
- Choose one to focus on. Do a demo and have students build the circuit or a small project.
- Give a broad overview. Discuss how wireless works, then divide students into groups and assign them a specific wireless device to research and develop a short guide for.