3/5 – Outline due
3/12 – Progress update
3/15 – Your presentation
Note: The lesson template is here.
You should cover the following material as you see fit. Please note that you do not have to provide examples or demo all of the sensors listed.
- What value can motion add to a project?
- What different types of motors are there? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- How do motors work?
- What are different mechanisms that will amplify movement?
Controlling a motor using Arduino
- Using a Transistor to Control High-Current Loads (we will have these transistors in the locker)
- DC Motor Control Using an H-Bridge (we will have H bridges in the locker)
- ITP Physical Computing Lab on Motors
- Making Things Move (Liza will email PDF)
- Show related projects as inspiration
- Create one of each circuit
- Choose a mechanism and add it to a motor circuit
- Choose a material and integrate it into a motion circuit. Focus on aesthetics.
- Generate a list of words around transformation then have students choose one and make a circuit that reflects that word.