How-To: Work with Shape-Memory Alloy by Jie Qi, SMA Queen (MAKE)
1. Work with a partner/group to experiment with different substrates, methods for movement, and thermochromic ink using PWM on the Arduino.
2. Keep a running list of strengths and weaknesses of the flexinol.
3. Document 3 of your findings in a group blog post.
4. Come prepared to present your final project concept to a small group next class. Please bring any precedents/inspiration and 2-3 prototypes. Prototypes include storyboards, sketches, physical objects, user scenarios, etc.
The lovely world of ATtinys
Some slides are wrong. Womp.
Here are the slides and here is the code you will need:
Here is the code for this class.
Here is the CapSenseLibrary.
In class assignment:
1) Build a capacitive sensor using three different types of materials.
2) Work on midterm
Here are the *updated* slides from this week. Please note that to keep things simple, we will only be dealing with pull-up resistors. For further learning around this check out these sites from Make, Sparkfun, and Berkley.