Title: The Healing Lamp
1) Concept + Design + Goal:
The lamp is designed to be environmentally friendly with visible and touchable functions. The branch is the symbol of nature. The natural shapes give us comfortable feelings and emotions.
It is an aesthetically artistic item even the branch lights off. I design for a person who needs to decorate easily on the wall in any place. This can be so simply easy to set up. Or, anyone can make this product in one’s place looking at the instruction.
The function is able to do only “on” and “off”. The branch on the left side has one position. If someone switches down the branch on the right side, then the lamp lights up. It moves easily as magnets on the back of the branch stick together connected to “+” or “-” circuits.
The main point what I learn in this project is to drill the tiny holes for electric flows directly with the branch. The magnets only work for adhering to each other on the opposite surfaces and cannot be flowing electrics over the panel without the holes.
1. Prototype: A small size branch with circuits. The upper line of circuits is off and the bottom line is on.
2. Materials: a card board, a clear plastic panel, asian traditional paper, a branch, 6LEDs, copper tape, 9v battery, magnets, scotch tape, conductive thread.
3. Draw circuits on the card board.
4. Make the space around 3~4cm with the pieces of the extra boards and place copper tape with magnets.
5. Two different shapes according to the angles.
6. Set up on a table or a wall.
7. Look at the circuits with LEDs and boards from the side.
8. The branch can be placed on the table as an ornament item as well.
9. The branch has three magnet buttons with conductive thread for connecting. The reason why I use the thread is for concealing and making clear circuits.
10. / – / + / + /
11. Final Scenes.