September 15 – One member of your group must have emailed me with names of group members and the craft you will be learning.
September 29 – Each group must be prepared to give their workshop in class.
Through this project you will learn the basic skills, techniques, and history of a craft practice. The goal of this is to experiment and try a new process without the use of embedded electronics. This could include any of the following:
- sewing (by hand or on the machine)
- paper engineering
- surface design / fabric printing
- etc, etc, etc
You will work in groups of 2-4 to design a 20-30 minute hands-on workshop or demo. Your group will give this workshop in class on September 29 to me and your peers.
Your workshop should include:
- a brief background or history of the practice
- the materials and tools needed
- an overview of the process
- a hands-on activity
- ideas for incorporating into circuit construction
Your group is responsible for ONE post documenting the workshop with links to resources.