For my keyboard hacking assignment, my goal was to create a relaxing RGB color creator. I wanted to use fabric to create fabric pressure sensors that you could sort of “pet” to add more of that color.
Problems I ran into
The pressure sensor that I created using the velostat and the conductive thread seemed to work fine with a simple hookup to a light and a battery, however, when I tried to use the same sensor I made with the keyboard hookup, the keyboard didn’t read it at all.
After a number of iterations, I decided to make simpler fabric buttons using conductive thread and the copper taffeta.