I had so much fun thermochromic ink this week and want to share the experience with all of you.
1. Red thermochromic powder + yellow acrylic paint / Time : 1 mins
I thought it would be fun to make a texture of thermochromic power. That was quite successful. You can see the pigment ratio in the picture.
2.Blue thermochromic powder + yellow thermochromic powder + acrylic polymer / Time : 4 mins
This one has the longest time the ink that turns transparent.
3. Yellow thermochromic powder + acrylic polymer / Time : 1 min
4. Blue acrylic paint + yellow thermochromic powder / not successful
There was no changes with this one. I think I need to add more pigment for this one.
5. Yellow acrylic paint + Red thermochromic powder / Time : 1 min
6. Red acrylic paint + Water base sealer glue / Time : 2 mins
7. blue acrylic paint + yellow thermochromic powder / Time : 0.5 min
I also applied the thermochromic ink on fabric but I think the result wasn’t that good. The effects on paper are better.
Here are examples using thermochromic ink/film that I like :
1. Thermochromic urinal
I already showed this one to you in last class but if you want to read more, go visit this site :
2. The hot seat